[Coco] Including an SSC (was: CocoSDC)

Al Hartman alhartman6 at optonline.net
Fri Oct 10 18:14:55 EDT 2014

As has been explained, making any changes to the board will require drawing
up a new board, prototyping and testing it. Delaying OUR CocoSDCs for a
month or more.

I don't want that functionality, and don't see the need to make us wait for
it.

It sounds reasonable to you. but it's not what I want, and I'm sure many
others don't want it either.

If you want to get together with a hardware designer and design a super
cartridge for the Coco. Go do that. But don't hold the rest of us up.

Implementing a new sound spec sounds like a good idea until one realizes
that most of the games for the Coco have already been written, new games are
not being written to any great degree, and even adding a new sound
capability is not going to get people to write new games.

Nobody is going to go back to re-write/update old games to use a new sound
card.

I just don't see the point right now.

-[ Al ]-