[Coco] does need

Tormod Volden lists.tormod at gmail.com
Fri Nov 28 15:33:08 EST 2014

On Fri, Nov 28, 2014 at 6:44 AM, Kip Koon wrote:
> Hi Josh!
> I can help with the HDB-DOS 3/4 eprom images.  As to ADOS-3, it has to be customized to your particular drive setup and it's been a LONG time since I did that.  I also have the Disk 1.1 rom handy as well.  I've burned many HDB-DOS and DISK 1.1 eproms over the last few years.  I'd be most happy to help.  Just get me the quantity of each you need and since there are a plethora of HDB-DOS images available, please tell me the EXACT one you will need burnt.  Remember you need slightly different Coco <-> Drivewire cables to use HDB-DOS DW3 as opposed to HDB-DOS DW4!  I'll be waiting...

Note that the labelling of the HDB-DOS images is a bit confusing. The
ones ending in *dw4 are built for turbo speed. The ones ending in *dw3
are for normal speed, regardless of if you are using the DriveWire3 or
DriveWire4 server. Turbo speed is not really supported, and almost
everybody uses normal speed. You only need the "special" cable with
the CD pin connected if you try to use turbo speed.

Turbo speed only works (if at all) with the DriveWire4 server, hence
the labelling of the HDB-DOS images, I suppose.

Regards,
Tormod