[Coco] Drivewire

Robert Gault robert.gault at att.net
Thu Nov 20 20:52:28 EST 2014

Steve Ostrom wrote:
 >Thanks Bob and Robert for your replies.  Could either of you (or other Coco
 >experts on this list) suggest a procedure I could try?  It's been a few years
 >since I had my DW3 connected to the 512K Coco.  I would not mind copying file
 >by file from SCSI HD to DW3 (that's the only DW I have ever tried before).
 >Once I get this to work, I'll try to automate the process with an ML program.
  >I just need a few pointers to start the process. Thanks!

Steve,

You will need to install on your SCSI drive the driver and descriptors for
Drivewire. You will also need a serial cable between your Coco and your PC.

There should be details for creating the necessary cable somewhere. The driver
and descriptors can be obtained from the NitrOS-9 project. You don't immediately
need to create a new OS9Boot file. For test purposes you can merge from a coco3
or coco3_6309 disk:
merge rbdw.dr dwio.sb x0.dd >DWdrive

All the files and the new one should have attributes e and pe set. Boot on your
SCSI, load DWdrive, and try to read a drive mounted in DW3 or DW4 slot 0.

While it is best to have the driver set in OS9Boot, I've done the above and it
works.

Robert