[Coco] Drivewire

Steve Ostrom smostrom7 at comcast.net
Wed Nov 19 23:41:22 EST 2014

-----Original Message-----
From: Robert Gault
Sent: Wednesday, November 19, 2014 6:53 PM
To: CoCoList for Color Computer Enthusiasts
Subject: Re: [Coco] Drivewire

Steve Ostrom wrote:
> Just a curious question about Drivewire.  Can I have Drivewire connected
> to my
> Coco3 along with my floppy drives and SCSI HD?  I'm not an OS9 user, but
> do use
> Cloud-9's HDBDOS in a multipak slot.  I have been archiving thousands of
> disks,
> and placing them on removable cartridges in my SCSI HD.  My goal would be
> transfer the data from these cartridges to a PC using DW.  I'm not a
> hardware
> guy, but feel much more comfortable in the realm of software. (I did write
> Coco ML program to backup one SCSI cartridge to a second one using my two
> SCSI
> HDs.  I think I could do the same for DW if I knew how to connect all of
> these
> together.)  I also just received my SDC cart and georgeous case, in case
> these
> might help this effort.
>
> Thanks for the help.
>
> --- Coco_Steve ---

Steve,

I have a Coco3 and MPI setup with floppies, two scsi hard drives connected
using
a Ken-Ton interface, a Disto SCII controller, and a Roger Taylor microSD
card
all working with Drivewire4 via a serial cable.

The only thing preventing hardware of this type from working, is if there is
conflict among I/O bytes for different hardware. With the Disto and Ken-Ton
units, care must be taken to chose the correct SCII control registers.

Robert