[Coco] Basic Lisp

Stephen Pereira spereira1952 at comcast.net
Tue Nov 11 17:42:48 EST 2014

I remember that someone posted that he had come across an article and listing for Basic Lisp, a small version of Lisp coded in TRS-80 Basic.  The article and listing is found in 80 Microcomputing magazine from March 1983.

Interestingly enough, I recently stumbled across this, as well.  I was intrigued, so I captured the Basic code from the text of the magazine that is available at archive.org <http://archive.org/>:  https://archive.org/stream/80-microcomputing-magazine-1983-03/80Microcomputing_0383_djvu.txt <https://archive.org/stream/80-microcomputing-magazine-1983-03/80Microcomputing_0383_djvu.txt>

I believe that I have cleaned up all the OCR errors in the code by comparing it with the listing in the PDF scan of the magazine.  I have attached the file, so anyone else who is interested can have it, too.

The Basic code is originally for other TRS-80 computers besides the CoCo, so it will take a bit more cleanup to get it to go on the CoCo.  I gave it a brief try, and after clearing out the DEFINT and DEFSTR commands in line 15, I got an OM error in that same line.  I guess that the CLEAR and DIM statements use up a bunch of memory, leaving nothing left.

Oh, well, I’ll keep playing around with it, and I’ll let you know what progress (of lack thereof) I make.

smp
--
Stephen M. Pereira
Bedford, NH  03110