[Coco] This is a "new" one for E-Bay

Louis Ciotti lciotti1 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 10 19:10:57 EST 2014

On Mon, Nov 10, 2014 at 7:00 PM, Mark McDougall <msmcdoug at iinet.net.au>
wrote:

> I occasionally troll sellers who are clearly out to deceive and rip people
> off, but rarely does it elicit a response except for "f*** off".
>
> I've never understood though how these people think they're going to be
> successful in tricking people into buying big ticket collectables. If
> you're willing to put down a thousand dollars on a game cartridge, then
> there's no question you know your stuff, and you're the last one to be
> deceived by such shenanigans.
>
> The Neo Geo AES is a prime example; it's an expensive system with some
> very expensive cartridges and a very dedicated and knowledgeable fan base;
> some rare games are in the multi-thousands of dollars and even some of the
> less rare - but sought after - titles sell for several hundred dollars. Yet
> there are people who try to pass off some of the lesser games with similar
> titles for the thousand-dollar-plus games. Again, if you're into that, and
> willing to spend, you sure as hell know your stuff, and some greedy little
> idiot isn't getting your money. Yet they continue to try...
>
> One guy atm is trying to sell a reasonably common cartridge locally for
> 3-4 times what it's worth in a good market. I messaged him and asked "are
> all 3 in good condition". It didn't click with him and he explained that he
> was only selling 1. I apologised and said, "sorry, when I saw your price I
> thought you were selling 3". No further response! :P His auction has ended
> twice now and each time he has re-listed with $100 knocked off the price.
> He still has a few auctions to go before it gets anywhere near a sensible
> price. ;)

It really boils down to people trying to make a buck, not blaming them for
trying, but most times I cannot believe what some auction prices end at.
Like you said if you know what your buying and willing to pay for it good
for you and the seller, but I hate how it can inflate the price of common
items. The CoCo is one of too many hobbies for me, so high prices really
suck!  LOL.