[Coco] This is a "new" one for E-Bay

Mark McDougall msmcdoug at iinet.net.au
Mon Nov 10 19:00:04 EST 2014

On 11/11/2014 7:53 AM, Sean wrote:

> I couldn't resist asking the seller a question to see if his shenanigans
> are on purpose.

I occasionally troll sellers who are clearly out to deceive and rip people
off, but rarely does it elicit a response except for "f*** off".

I've never understood though how these people think they're going to be
successful in tricking people into buying big ticket collectables. If you're
willing to put down a thousand dollars on a game cartridge, then there's no
question you know your stuff, and you're the last one to be deceived by such
shenanigans.

The Neo Geo AES is a prime example; it's an expensive system with some very
expensive cartridges and a very dedicated and knowledgeable fan base; some
rare games are in the multi-thousands of dollars and even some of the less
rare - but sought after - titles sell for several hundred dollars. Yet there
are people who try to pass off some of the lesser games with similar titles
for the thousand-dollar-plus games. Again, if you're into that, and willing
to spend, you sure as hell know your stuff, and some greedy little idiot
isn't getting your money. Yet they continue to try...

One guy atm is trying to sell a reasonably common cartridge locally for 3-4
times what it's worth in a good market. I messaged him and asked "are all 3
in good condition". It didn't click with him and he explained that he was
only selling 1. I apologised and said, "sorry, when I saw your price I
thought you were selling 3". No further response! :P His auction has ended
twice now and each time he has re-listed with $100 knocked off the price. He
still has a few auctions to go before it gets anywhere near a sensible price. ;)

Regards,