[Coco] What is the current location to get gcc6809 4.6.4 + lwtools patches? gas -> lwasm, ld -> lwlink wrapper scripts?

Gene Heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Sun Nov 9 17:50:33 EST 2014

On Sunday 09 November 2014 14:23:35 William Astle did opine
And Gene did reply:
> The current location is in the "extras" folder in the lwtools
> distribution. The official lwtools distribution point is at
> http://lwtools.project.l-w.ca/. Any other source should not be
> considered canonical.
>
> It should be noted that those wrapper scripts are not intended for
> general usage but rather are purely provided as wrapper scripts so that
> gcc6809 works. As such, they do not provide complete translation (even
> if such a thing were actually possible). They have not been modified in
> quite a long time.
>
> Please allow me to take this opportunity to lightly smack Gene upside
> the head for having a publicly visible copy of the lwtools source tree
> which, worse yet, has already been built for his system. This is the
> sort of thing that leads to confusion on the part of the users.

It can, yes.  I'll make it invisible by changing the ownership:group to
just me.  And I'll remove the link the next time I do something to my
front page.

> I should point out that while what Gene has done is not ideal, it is
> perfectly legal since lwtools is under the GPL.
>
> On 14-11-09 11:49 AM, Michael Furman wrote:
> > What is the current location to get gcc6809 4.6.4 + lwtools patches
> > these days? I know that Gene has a set of patches and instructions
> > on his website, as I had previously installed it from there.  Is
> > that the authoritative location to get this setup?

No, please use William's site.

hg clone http://lwtools.projects.l-w.ca/hg/ lwtools

will create an lwtools directory on your hard drive, and

cd lwtools
make
make install

Makes it usable on my linux box.  No clue about windows, don't allow it on
the premises.

> > Michael R. Furman
> > Email: n6il at ocs.net
> > Phone: +1 (408) 480-5865