[Coco] What is the current location to get gcc6809 4.6.4 + lwtools patches? gas -> lwasm, ld -> lwlink wrapper scripts?

Gene Heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Sun Nov 9 17:38:36 EST 2014

On Sunday 09 November 2014 13:49:14 Michael Furman did opine
And Gene did reply:
> What is the current location to get gcc6809 4.6.4 + lwtools patches
> these days? I know that Gene has a set of patches and instructions on
> his website, as I had previously installed it from there.  Is that the
> authoritative location to get this setup?
>
>    http://geneslinuxbox.net:6309/gene/lwtools/extra/
>
> The reason why I am asking is: When I installed gcc6809 4.6.1 before I
> found that the provided wrapper scripts for as/ld to be a bit lacking.
>  I hacked them up for my own preferences and this has apparently made
> them somewhat incompatible with other projects.  So a second question,
> does anyone have improved wrapper scripts for gas -> lwasm, ld ->
> lwlink than the basic ones that Gene has provided?  Or perhaps Gene
> has made some improvements since.. earlier this year around July?
>
> Thanks.

Not guilty Michael, in fact I wasn't even aware it was in there.  so I
haven't touched it, it was built at the time I did my last clones of the
repos before 3.3.0 nitros was announced.  I have a one size fits all
script that builds the latest versions of everything (toolshed too) after
doing an update by renaming the current tree and pulling a new one every
time I run it.

The most authoritative answer might come from William Astle, whose code
lwasm (and lwtools AFAIK) is.  I take it you've read the README sitting
beside it?  It has some caveats that some things might need tweaked.

> ---
>
> Michael R. Furman
> Email: n6il at ocs.net
> Phone: +1 (408) 480-5865