[Coco] To Dennis: Message formatting issues with Mailman Archiver

Dennis Bathory-Kitsz dennis-ix at maltedmedia.com
Mon May 26 10:40:10 EDT 2014

At 10:16 AM 5/26/2014, you wrote:
>could it be the following Class Variables in Mailman/Archiver/HyperArch.py
>have been changed when you updated Mailman which now causes messages
>staying unwrapped:

Torsten (and everyone):

I have no control over the list coding or behavior, except what is
available through the standard Mailman control panel. The only
'coding' I can do is the HTML of the information page. The rest is
entirely by web interface.

Also, I did not do the upgrade myself; the folks at pair Networks
(where I have housed all my websites since 1994) provide the list
service -- and the list servers, which operate separately from my
dedicated web server there. I asked (begged) them to upgrade
five.pairlist.net after the DMARC debacle.

"five.pairlist.net" shares our list server with hundreds of other
lists. Last I saw there were eight list servers at pair Networks, and
they upgraded them to the latest Mailman software; whether or not it
was a 'packaged' version, I don't know.

I'll forward your message to them, though I don't want to disturb the
hornet's nest. This has been a huge headache for them, and since the
lists are provided at no charge to their customers, I'm sure it cost
them a bundle to hustle through these upgrades and check that no
lists got broken.

Thanks,
Dennis

Country Stores Book <http://countrystoresofvermont.org/>