[Coco] Was: To Dennis: Message formatting issues with Mailman Archiver

Torsten Dittel OS-9 at TRS-80.CC
Mon May 26 12:00:36 EDT 2014

Dennis,

thanks for clarifying.

I checked other lists being run on that server and they all have the same
change on May 14th regarding the format setting.

However, I have overseen a detail: The HTML code generated after the
change conatins a

       pre {
           white-space: pre-wrap;  /* css-2.1, curent FF, Opera, Safari */
           }

The "pre-wrap" value for the "white-space" property was indeed introduced
with CSS 2.1 ("Whitespace is preserved by the browser. Text will wrap when
necessary, and on line breaks ") and is maybe ignored by my crappy Windows
Phone Internet Explorer, which might explain why I'm the only one with
issues. On the other hand, on my desktop PC with a more recent IE (I
assume that one supports CSS 2.1, the message:

http://five.pairlist.net/pipermail/coco/2014-May/078885.html

is still displayed as a single "tapeworm" text-line, which does not wrap
according the current window width.

Regards,
Torsten