[Coco] Colorcomputerarchive harmful behavior

Aaron Wolfe aawolfe at gmail.com
Sun May 25 21:16:04 EDT 2014

Most of the modern, active projects (the ones I wish weren't being copied
and redistributed) are hosted on sourceforge, one of the biggest project
hosting organizations in the world.  This makes today's scenario is quite
different than times past.  I think one of the reasons these projects use
large public hosting solutions is to address issues of availability.

I agree there is value in backups, and if the official project site does
become unavailable, *then* it may be appropriate to make those backups
public.  It really would be better to backup the entire project site and
not just select files though.  There is great value in the wiki for NitrOS9
and DriveWire for instance.