[Coco] RS232 Schematics, was DriveWire survey

CoCoList for Color Computer Enthusiasts coco at maltedmedia.com
Sun May 11 12:05:38 EDT 2014

Jim,

Building an interface between the Wiznet ethernet module and the Coco bus
has been on my list for a while, but I just haven't had the free time.  I
do have an interface board that might help you bootstrap a little easier:
http://www.bexkat.com/coco/DE1%20Coco%20Adaptor.pdf.  It buffers the Coco
signals and breaks them out to a header.  I also have a schematic and
layout of a board that may be useful as a base for an "all in one" PAK-type
unit - it has a CPLD, XMega chip, and Wiznet module headers.  Overkill for
this, but it was intended to be a more general design platform.  My thought
with an ethernet interface was to build a simple parallel-to-serial/I2C
interface with the Coco, and use that as the means to connect to any number
of add-ons.

Let me know if you want one of the interface boards or if anything I've
done would be of any use.  Happy to collaborate.  You can contact me
directly off-list at stock at bexkat.com.
  -Matt