[Coco] RS232 Schematics, was DriveWire survey

CoCoList for Color Computer Enthusiasts coco at maltedmedia.com
Sun May 11 11:39:41 EDT 2014

Jim,
The registers, I couldn't tell ya. I'll leave that for someone else.

The perfboards....
The closest you'll come here is there is a couple of people that have been developing projects and posting them to "OSHPark" so others could order them. I know Kip Koon has a small "cartridge" extender board he was developing, and there was someone else doing an extender "project" board, I don't quite remember who.
There are also 2 or 3 "rompak" boards available.

As for cases... everyone's been recycling old cases. Old 8-track tape cases will work if modified. Info for this mod is documented in "80 Micro C" magazine. I have the links if you need them.

As for software, almost every comm program (there were many) for the Coco (rsdos and os9) could use either RS232 (faster) or the bitbanger (slower). Also OS9 used the pak for remote terminals as well.
There were multitudes of Coco BBSs all over the states and I imagine anywhere else (internationally) that the Coco was available. The Coco had it's own forums on both Delphi and Compuserve that allowed downloads to the Coco from the user upload databases which grew to be quite large. The Coco could do both X-modem & Y-modem protocols. So, you can say the Coco was well used for telecommunictions :-)

Bill Pierce

http://www.colorcomputerarchive.com/
Co-Contributor, Co-Editor for CocoPedia
E-Mail: ooogalapasooo at aol.com