[Coco] Becker Port patch for MESS 0.152s

Bill Pierce ooogalapasooo at aol.com
Fri Mar 21 06:42:21 EDT 2014

Richard, I for one, appreciate all the work. Thank you very much.
If I knew more of MESS and it's sources, I would've done this myself long ago. One day I may delve into those MESS sources and "C" what I can find (pun intended), but I just have too many Coco projects going as it is.
Having a good emulator for all 3 OS's (Windows, Mac, Linux) running the same code will help make the Coco emulator be available to everyone,
Yes, the real hardware is always better. I have and regularly run a Coco 1, 2 & 3 but I know that until about 3 years ago, I had to rely on emulaters as I couldn't afford to get Cocos. Also the emulators are good developement and debugging tools when coding for the Coco and MESS's debugging tools fit the bill in this respect.
Having DriveWire online with MESS just may make me a MESSy convert :-)
I do a lot of MIDI work and DriveWire has become my "synth of choice" since I can connect DW4 to any Midi software on my PC and run it from my Coco.
When I got my current Coco 3 system about 3 years ago, the first thing I did after getting Nitros9 running was connect a Midi cable to my PC. Then I discovered what Aaron had done with DriveWire4 and Midi and I haven't used a Midi cable since. So having DW4 on MESS and being able to move files from real Cocos, to Vcc to XRoar to Mess allows me to check all platforms with ease.

Thanks again :-)

Bill Pierce

http://www.colorcomputerarchive.com/
Co-Contributor, Co-Editor for CocoPedia