[Coco] Glenside IDE Drivers NitrOS-9 Disk Image Needed

Shane Broadbent shanetb at telstra.com
Thu Mar 13 04:30:41 EDT 2014

Luis Antoniosi (CoCoDemus <retrocanada76 at ...> writes:

> Yes, it won't fit anything.
>
> Do you have a coco3 ? You can change the HDB-DOS offset in RAM to 0
> and then format drive 0 and see if you can save and read something
> from it. If you have a coco1/2 you will need to run the allram program
> first (500 peeks & pokes for trs-80 color).
>
> POKE &HD938,0:POKE &HD939,0:POKE&HD93A,0
>
> DISKINI 0
>
> DIR

Thanks Luis, I feel like I'm getting there (baby steps), but such a CoCo
novice :-)

But the last step...reading from the CF is still giving me I/O Error.

If I do a DISKINI 0, 1, etc then that seems to go through and comes back to
the OK prompt (CF activity LED illuminates).

Another thing I have done is to use the CoCo SDC with HDB-DOS in a flash bank.

I mounted a floppy in drive0, booted to HDB-DOS, enabled the floppy drives
(DRIVE OFF), tried a 'BACKUP 0 TO 4' to copy the floppy to hard disk 4.
The SDC & CF activity LEDs both flicker and it completes back to an OK
prompt, but I still cannot read the HD disk 4 (CF).

Cheers,
Shane