[Coco] Keil under VMWARE or better suggestion

Mark McDougall msmcdoug at iinet.net.au
Mon Mar 10 20:20:15 EDT 2014

On 11/03/2014 1:20 AM, Robert Gault wrote:

> The Keil Coco3 emulator will run under WinXP but you must make it
> possible for "DOS" functions to be available. That means AUTOEXEC.NT and
> CONFIG.NT must be present in the Windows/System32 directory.

Doh! My mind isn't what it used to be. I was thinking there were no
issues with running DOS stuff under WinXP, and now you've reminded me.
Thanks!

> MESS will probably work. It handles all Coco models just fine under WinXP.

To be honest, MESS is my preferred platform but it's been a while and I
know the Coco driver was in flux for a while there... I'll give it a go.

> You should also see the link Download Snapshot. That will give you the
> complete source code for the project. Don't even think about this unless
> you have a broadband connection.

Ah - thanks! I was looking for something like that on the 'main'
Mercurial repository page but couldn't find it. Thanks again!

Regards,