[Coco] Keil under VMWARE or better suggestion

Tom Seagrove tjseagrove at writeme.com
Mon Mar 10 10:31:12 EDT 2014

Have you tried FreeDOS running in VMWare for the virtual machine?

On Mar 10, 2014, at 9:03 AM, Mark McDougall <msmcdoug at iinet.net.au> wrote:

Hi all,

Ultimately I want to install Nitros9 L1 on my CF for playing around on my HDBDOS-enabled Coco1/2 FPGA implementation.

But before I attempt to get that far, I thought I'd better get it running under an emulator on windows first...

I tried running Keil on my 64-bit Windows 7 and of course it doesn't run. So I fired up VMWARE with 32-bit WinXP and have had no luck at all running it there either.

The Coco1 version of the emulator doesn't respond to <F4> or <F5> but will respond to <F10> etc. Can't explain that one at all.

The Coco2 version of the emulator responds to <F4> but refuses to list any files at all in the ROM file selector screen, so I can't even insert the disk controller cartridge into the MPI!?! It's a conspiracy!!!

I've just had zero luck tonight and I'm over it all.

Anyone successfully run L1 on a Coco1/2 emulator under Windows 7 64-bit? If so, which emulator did you use? Is MESS up to the task?

Also on another note: is there any way to grab the Nitros9 source without installing Mercurial?

TIA,
Regards,