[Coco] Re; SSC & MIDI

jmlaw at iprimus.com.au jmlaw at iprimus.com.au
Mon Jun 23 05:00:03 EDT 2014

Hey Bill,

Bill Pierce wrote:

>Are you using the Lyra file format or the standard MIDI format for your
>song file storage?

>The Lyra format is a propriety format and has to be "interpreted" into midi
>code before playback, which if you're using that, you've already got some
>sort of engine for that.
> But, the raw standard Midi format can be sent straight to the dw4 MIDI
> port without any translation therefore saving tons of processing time (and
> MUCH shorter code).

<snip>

Nah don’t worry not doing anything with the Lyra file format other than save
my test score to disk.

I just used it to generate the raw MIDI data from the SMB notes I moused in
to see if I could at least get DW4 to play the raw MIDI data if I send it
from my own code. As in, if yes then at least I got the channel open and I'm
not getting errors so then try the next step and generate the codes myself,
now that I know it kinda, sorta works :)

I still got a long way to go and lots to learn, I'll finish the SSC stuff
then go back to it.  But if I get stuck again, I'll send you an email if
that's ok?

Jason