[Coco] Re; SSC & MIDI

Bill Pierce ooogalapasooo at aol.com
Mon Jun 23 12:03:22 EDT 2014

Jason, I'll be happy to help any way I can. One thing to remember in sending to the dw4 out in HDBDOS, ALWAYS sent the cmd/port# byte before EVERY byte you send. This applies to ALL v-port sends... If you don't dw4 will not know what to do with the byte and most likely return an "unknown opcode" error in the console window.
The format for the byte is $80+port# (0-14). $80 = Fastwrite (from the dw4 spec). The byte before each MIDI byte would $8E for Fastwrite + Port 14.
Port 14 is the only port that will recognize MIDI data.

Bill Pierce

http://www.colorcomputerarchive.com/
Co-Contributor, Co-Editor for CocoPedia
E-Mail: ooogalapasooo at aol.com