[Coco] Setting up xroar on linux

Ciaran Anscomb cocomalt at 6809.org.uk
Wed Jun 25 02:33:16 EDT 2014

jmlaw at iprimus.com.au wrote:
> Back on topic, there's a known issue with the Windows build of XRoar where
> sometimes(?) the menu clicks aren't registered on the first go. If it
> doesn't react to the menu selection as you'd expect, try doing it again.
> This *may* be causing you some trouble as it did me at first.

Yeah I'd welcome input from any windows programmers out there, especially
if you've tied standard windows32 menus into an SDL application.  The code
seems incredibly straightforward - not much room for misunderstanding -
and yet this problem persists.

All the windows-specific code is in src/windows32/.  The menus are
created in the init() function in src/windows32/ui_windows32.c and
attached to the main windows in sdl_windows32_update_menu() in the
same file.  Event handling for windows-specific events is delegated to
sdl_windows32_handle_syswmevent(), also in the same file.

The windows themselves are created in the cross-platform SDL "modules",
but by the time it comes to attaching the menu, it's just a normal HWND
that SDL is able to retreive.

..ciaran