[Coco] Beyond disks (was Re: Coco -> Arduino -> Drivewire and back again... the arduino code... for connecting via the serial)

Nick Marentes nickma2 at optusnet.com.au
Fri Jun 20 17:38:34 EDT 2014

On 21/06/2014 7:15 AM, Aaron Wolfe wrote:
> On Jun 20, 2014 5:06 PM, "Nick Marentes" <nickma2 at optusnet.com.au> wrote:
>> I would like to see more support in manipulating and managing drive
> images and easier hard disk creation/management tools built in to drivewire
> without additional external tools.
>> A more modern way of accessing drives is what Drivewire (to me) is all
> about. All the extas thrown in are for a very small minority of users.
>
> I can appreciate that, but the survey results seem to show the vast
> majority of users being interested in things beyond just drives.

You will always get that. People have a tendacy to throw their entire
wish list at you.

One just needs to take a step back and make it clear what the original
intent, vision and goal of the project was in the beginning and simply
follow that trail to develop a complete product that does the intended
goal fully.

Not that Drivewire doesn't but when I keep needing to run an external
utility to do certain drive management tasks, then it's clear there is
room for more core features.

I don't know about you but I find it more practical to add a feature
that a larger number of users will use than spend days/weeks/months
developing something that only a handfull are going to use.

That's my view... coming from someone who uses their computer for
developing other products (games in my case) for the CoCo. I never did
just "tinker" for my own amusement. I always wanted to create for the
CoCo or use the CoCo as a tool to create.

Nick