[Coco] MPI help needed

Gene Heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Wed Jun 11 03:14:43 EDT 2014

On Tuesday 10 June 2014 23:30:27 tonym did opine
And Gene did reply:
> Don't get any crashing, just the regular Extended Basic 2.0 message.
>
> However, if I put the megabugs rompak in slot 1, and no matter WHAT
> slot # the switch is set to, when I power everything on, mega bug
> fires up.
>
> If I have the switch set to, say, slot 3, and I put the mega bugs in
> slot 3, power everything up, all I get is the standard coco3 extended
> basic message. If I leave the switch on slot 3, power everything off,
> and move the rompak to slot 1, and power back on, it will work, even
> wth swtich on 3, and rompak in slot 1.
>
> Tony
> tonym at compusource.net

The below was my best shot at it.  So I think a loop in basic doing the
poke & peek idea might be a way to proceed.  The present behavior
certainly isn't correct.  And sounds like a chip failure that would need a
scope to trace out.

What does the peek &hff7f say now?

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)