[Coco] Lode Runner playable demo available

Mark McDougall msmcdoug at iinet.net.au
Wed Jun 4 02:15:58 EDT 2014

On 4/06/2014 3:16 PM, nickma2 at optusnet.com.au wrote:

> If you can't make it write 20 bytes to the right, you can shift the
> displayed area to the required number of bytes to the left (rounded
> off to 2). That way the code continues to write in the same location
> but the CoCo display starts to the left. This may require clearing the
> RAM to the left as zero (black) as it will be "junk data" on the first
> scanline.

That's what I meant when I said I'd tried it - I tried fiddling the GIME
registers to shift the display but got completely unexpected results
when I did. I can shift the display left (eg. set HOFF=2) but of course
that's no good for me. I need to effectively set HOFF=-2. I tried what I
thought would achieve that, but the display went horribly wrong.

I'll go into it in more detail and try to elicit more advice when I'm
preparing the next beta release, but for now I've got other fish to fry
and I don't want to get hung up on this detail.

Regards,