[Coco] Newbie Questions

Robert Gault robert.gault at att.net
Thu Jul 3 22:52:10 EDT 2014

Stephen,

I think most of your problems are the result of not having a disk controller.
That means your HDBDOS is in RAM only instead of both RAM and ROM. There are
many Disk Basic machine language programs that will run in full RAM but switch
to ROM/RAM mode for disk I/O. Emulators don't have this problem because the disk
ROM is emulated.

You certainly can run HDBDOS with a hardware floppy controller. Depending on the
controller you acquire, you could have several disk ROMs in a single EPROM and
select them with switches. A drivewire HDBDOS is one of the several versions of
HDBDOS that exist.
There should be several documents on the Cloud-9 site explaining how to use
HDBDOS including some "white papers".

By the way, Drivewire3 is fine but there are more features with Drivewire4. You
should switch to it.

Robert