[Coco] 5-1/4″ DS DD 80 track drive, 300 RPM mod

Kandur k at qdv.pw
Wed Jul 2 12:41:30 EDT 2014

Many thanks Robert, you saved me a huge amount of wild goose chase.
My goal is to restore a 1989 scsi hard drive backup set on  floppies to an
actual scsi hard drive, connected to the Coco-3. I have the original
controllers for this. DW was new to me and a pleasant surprise.
I made a copy of one of my backup diskettes to a wd4 virtual floppy,
using hdb-dos, but have no way to confirm that, if it is good or not.
It still eludes me, how to copy  wd4 virtual floppies to a real floppies
or to a hard drive drive on the Coco, running nos-9. Is it possible at all?
Unless I get hold of a headless version of nos-9 L2 floppy or dw image,
where the console defaults to /T1 @ 9600 baud, can't use Dsave,
due to my 128k ram limitation. I tried it. My last resort is to buy a
$50 + shipping 512k ram upgrade for my 'like new' $45 Coco-3.

Kandur