[Coco] 5-1/4″ DS DD 80 track drive, 300 RPM mod

Robert Gault robert.gault at att.net
Wed Jul 2 08:22:45 EDT 2014

Kandur wrote:
><snip>
> Now that I have DW4 working with both virtual and real floppy drives,
> I?d like to find a way to copy the HD backup floppies to virtual floppies
> and restore the backup set to a hard drive.
> Can anyone tell, by looking at the directory listing,  which backup program was used?
>
> Kandur

Kandur,

With HD meaning High Density, you will not likely be able to use the OS-9
command Backup to move your floppy disks over to Drivewire virtuals. The reason
is that the format are different and Backup will not run if the disks are
formatted differently.
The command you will want to use is Dsave. That will copy over everything on the
old disks, including the kernel and OS9Boot if you ask for it, even if the disks
have different formats.

You will need to decide what type of disk you want for the DW virtuals. They can
be floppy equivalents, default DW drives, or even .vhd "hard drives" used with
MESS and VCC.

Robert