[Coco] Help with Jeff V. Coco3 dos emulator

Robert Gault robert.gault at att.net
Fri Jan 31 12:47:26 EST 2014

Bill Pierce wrote:

> As for the disk formt and access, I do remember having problems with some disks and having to copy them to others but I don't remembe the issues. You could check the sources to 1.17 and see what causes the issues I'm sure.

I just got a copy of the version on Jeff's site. Not sure about those version
numbers but when it starts, the screen says v1.6B freeware. It also does not
support Jeff's header format.
The source files in that language are beyond me. :(

> I can run the Coco 2 and 128k Coco 3 in DosBox, but cannot get the 512k, 1, 2, & 16 Meg features to run in such due to DosBox's not having EMS memory support. I may have an older system going soon in MSDOS and may be pulling these old emulators out again :-)

Likewise. I am using D-Fend Reloaded to start DOSBox and it is set for 63Meg
with XMS, EMS, and UMB but still can't get more than 128k. There does not seem
to be any method for making DOSBox use the 2MEGS file.