[Coco] Help with Jeff V. Coco3 dos emulator

Bill Pierce ooogalapasooo at aol.com
Fri Jan 31 13:27:01 EST 2014

I almost had the JV Coco 3 running in 2meg on either vmwre player or Oracle's vbox, don't remember. Then I changed something in one of the configs and lost it. I haven't messed with it since.
I have David Keil's emulators running in vbox I think. Since David is still active in the Coco community, he should do some updating and make his Vista, 7 & 8 compatable. It really has a nice interface. It's a shame to see them all fall into antiquity.

And yes, Jeff's emu's don't follow his own disk spec. I think the disk spec was actually developed for his Model I, III, & IV emulators.
The best way to create disks for his emus is to create thm with his software and copy the files to the disk from the PC.

Neither JV nor DK Coco 3 emulators run as smooth as Vcc though. I'm still leary of Mess, though it's debugger gives it an edge when developing or debugging. I just don't like the whole interface. I'm spoiled with Vcc... besides, I need DW4 and the Becker port wins again :-)

Bill Pierce

http://www.colorcomputerarchive.com/
Co-Contributor, Co-Editor for CocoPedia
E-Mail: ooogalapasooo at aol.com