[Coco] Why haven't we got this?!!

iggybeans at comcast.net iggybeans at comcast.net
Thu Jan 23 16:27:28 EST 2014

>Can this 40 cent cpu do Position Independent Code?

With 16 times the addressing range, is that important?
And, it would definitely be nice to edit documents larger than we currently can.

Beyond that, it clocks at almost 10 times the speed of a Coco3 (more like 20X if you consider the Z8S180 I mentioned).
Even if the 6809 is more efficient, it can't make up for that gap.

Position independent code? Can the 6809 (or 6309) beat other alternatives like the 68040?
Its a non-issue.