[Coco] Most expensive coco1

Rogelio Perea os9dude at gmail.com
Wed Jan 15 18:49:26 EST 2014

On Wed Jan 15 2014, Brian Blake wrote:

The CoCo 1 arrived today. Pic is linked below.

> http://tandycoco.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=239
>
> I'll try to hook it up tomorrow to check functionality. The keyboard feels
> awesome - great travel, smooth action; just has a quality feel too it. Had
> Tandy seen fit to make a keyboard like the HJL from the start, the CoCo
> might have had a tad more respect back in the day.

The foundation is there, a little TLC will go a long way.

Had also an interest with those replacement keyboards back in the day, have
to admit I was happy with the chiclets, to this day I find my self taught
keyboarding abilities are more at ease on the early chiclets than in the
later releases: the melted F board keys and then the CoCo 2 and 3 - the
melted keys are the less friendly to my big hands.

My eye on replacement keyboards was actually more on the number keypads
once on the market, always thought that was the first thing to setup on the
CoCo.

RP