[Coco] anyone game to test?: Pooyan .cas file to .wav

Robert Gault robert.gault at att.net
Tue Jan 14 22:48:26 EST 2014

Chris Oliver wrote:
> All,
>
> I just picked up a vintage Pooyan cassette (#26-3048) that hits an I/O error on both sides of the tape when loading.  Figured I would find a .wav version of the game and re-record the cassette.
>
> No .wav version available, from what I can find -- but there *is* a .cas file at: http://www.colorcomputerarchive.com/search.php?q=pooyan
>
> Specifically the file I'm looking at is: Pooyan (intro screen).cas
>
><snip>
> Thanks to anyone who is willing to test this out and/or give feedback!
>
> Chris

I was able to help Chris converting the POOYAN.CAS files referenced above by
sending him the CASOUT.EXE program that is part of the Jeff Vavasour Coco
emulator packages.

Anyone who wants to convert .cas files to .wav files (to play to a tape
recorder) and has access to Windows DOS mode should try the Vavasour CASOUT.EXE
program.

Robert