[Coco] anyone game to test?: Pooyan .cas file to .wav

Bill Pierce ooogalapasooo at aol.com
Tue Jan 14 23:06:42 EST 2014

@Robert,
 As a side note, you can run Jeff's "casout.exec" with a ".cas" file and record it straight to the cassette tape recorder.
Just plug a dual 1/8 miniplug into the cassette "record" or "mic in" plug and the other end in to the PC's "headphone out" jack. Then from a cmds prompt, type "casout.exe /v5 Pooyan.cas". Before hitting <enter>, hit the record button on the cassette recorder and let it run for a few seconds to get past the leader tape then hit enter. Once casout returns to the cmd prompt, hit stop on the recorder.
You most likely will have to adjust the volume  down some on the PC to get a good readable recording,
This also works playing directly to the Coco's cassette port. Just use the Coco cassette cable and plug the play (usually black) plug into the headphone out of the PC. Get casout ready on the PC as above then type "CLOAD" or "CLOADM" (whichever is needed) on the Coco and then hit enter on casout. Again, you may have to adjust the volume to get it right.

Bill Pierce
http://www.colorcomputerarchive.com/
Co-Contributor, Co-Editor for CocoPedia
E-Mail: ooogalapasooo at aol.com