[Coco] bad sysgo in nightly download?

Bill Pierce ooogalapasooo at aol.com
Tue Jan 7 17:07:46 EST 2014

Tim, are you using 6809 or 6309?
I can send you good current builds

Bill Pierce
http://www.colorcomputerarchive.com/
Co-Contributor, Co-Editor for CocoPedia
E-Mail: ooogalapasooo at aol.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Tim Fadden <t.fadden at cox.net>
To: CoCoList for Color Computer Enthusiasts <coco at maltedmedia.com>
Sent: Tue, Jan 7, 2014 4:18 pm
Subject: Re: [Coco] bad sysgo in nightly download?

The sysgo from the nightly download is 511 bytes.

The reason I say it is bad is because ident say it is bad, and if I use
a previous sysgo, it works.

This had nothing to do with the hard drive , I was trying to use the /dd.
Also, all of this is concerning making boot floppy's.

How I caught on was that I was putting it into the os9boot file. When
booting from that image it failed with out of memory.

After some more studying etc.  I took it out of the os9boot file, and on
the /dd device.  still no go.  Then I did an ident on it , and ident
says BAD.

I then did Ident on the files on the nitros9 modules directory and both
the sysgo_dd and sysgo_h0 came up bad.

I have succsesfully created literally hundreds of boot floppy's through
the years, so not a complete neophyte.  :-)

This is the output from the sysgo that is on what I download from the
nightly link.

Header for:  SysGo
Module size: $01FF    #511
Module CRC:  $221288 (Bad)
Hdr parity:  $D4
Exec. off:   $00F1    #241
Data Size:   $00FC    #252
Edition:     $05      #5
Ty/La At/Rv: $11 $83
Prog mod, 6809 obj, re-en, R/O

Notice that it says (Bad).

If the nightly link on the sourceforge page is not a good image, where
is the best latest image?

I may still not have everything correct,  but I can only fix one thing
at a time as I figure it out.
This is a problem.  Whether it is my overall problem is of no importance.
Ident should run clean on the sysgo modules.  After that is sorted out,
then I can move on.
Seeing I don't have a way to compile the source code, I am at a dead end.
By the way. using a known good sysgo module from a previous version works.

I brought this

Ain't computers fun!
Tim

p.s. when the sysgo issue is solved, I will start with the
superdriver/tc3 issue.  That does not work with the the nightly download
either.  Mark is also having problems with it, so it is not just me
doing something wrong.