[Coco] Another Radio Shack Article

billg999 at cs.uofs.edu billg999 at cs.uofs.edu
Sat Jan 4 18:25:35 EST 2014

> On Jan 4, 2014, at 1:07 PM, Mark J. Blair <nf6x at nf6x.net> wrote:
>
>> I don't know what might come along that's comparable to the emergence of
>> home computers. Maybe 3D printing could be somewhat comparable in scope?
>> I wonder what the next big thing will be?
>

> I think there could be something to that. 3-D printer may be the next big
> thing... And few of us has been lucky enough to see one. If there was a
> low-cost Tandy DMP-3D printer, that could be huge.

Don't get your hopes up.  We have two of them at the University
CS Dept.  One is very well known and has been an expensive boat
anchor since I came back.  Has known serious engineering flaws
that are not going to be fixed.

Best bet at this point is HP who have said they will be getting
into that niche.  Being as printers and ink are their biggest
business now, they are ostlikely to be able to actually market
them.  But I doubt you will see "3D" and "cheap" in the same ad.

bill