[Coco] Another Radio Shack Article

Mark J. Blair nf6x at nf6x.net
Sat Jan 4 18:31:33 EST 2014

On Jan 4, 2014, at 15:25 , billg999 at cs.uofs.edu wrote:
> Best bet at this point is HP who have said they will be getting
> into that niche.  Being as printers and ink are their biggest
> business now, they are ostlikely to be able to actually market
> them.  But I doubt you will see "3D" and "cheap" in the same ad.

If HP does it, the printers will be somewhat cheap but the supplies will be expensive. They do like the razor blade marketing model.

I don't get the hype over 3D printing. They seem to be touted like Star Trek replicators, but I don't see them as being anywhere close to that yet. Maybe I'm just too set in my curmudgeonly ways, though.

--
Mark J. Blair, NF6X <nf6x at nf6x.net>
http://www.nf6x.net/