[Coco] CoCo4! 50% done!

Tim Fadden t.fadden at cox.net
Fri Feb 7 13:06:32 EST 2014

On 2/7/2014 9:18 AM, Aaron Wolfe wrote:
> On Feb 7, 2014 10:21 AM, <billg999 at cs.uofs.edu> wrote:
>>> Google for DE1 and/or altera and the names of various platforms (apple,
>>> amstrad, IBM PC, etc) seems to point to lots of options.
>> Options for what?  I have searched for FPGA options for the systems
>> I am interested in (and, like the CoCo they are all of very limited
>> interest) and found only the PDP-11.  And even that is not for a
>> model I would choose given other options.  But maybe I can learn
>> enough about it to modify it.
>>
> Options for running the many different systems that are available for the
> DE1.  You keep saying you can only find a pdp11, but all the platforms
> mentioned by myself and others in this thread as being available for the
> DE1 are easy enough to find.  What are you looking for?  We can't help
> without some specifics.

Ok,  Thanks in advance.

With all the COCO4 talk, I decided to get a DE1 board to run Nitros9
on.  I also joined the yahoo list expecting to be able to download the
required images, etc.  Now I am hearing the site is dead?  Is there a
way to get a hold of  Garey Becker to see whats going on?  I would hate
to have spent $180 for nothing.  There is no other place to get the
required files?

Since I doubt there ever will be a COCO4 I thought the FPGA was the best
way to go, as it seemed to cover most of my desires. I will be dead
before any other solution comes up. No it appears that one is closed to.

Any suggestions?

Tim Fadden

--
Tim Fadden
"Hey Schmidt, don't forget about the six P's.