[Coco] CoCo4! 50% done!

billg999 at cs.uofs.edu billg999 at cs.uofs.edu
Fri Feb 7 11:48:04 EST 2014

> On Feb 7, 2014 10:21 AM, <billg999 at cs.uofs.edu> wrote:
>>
>> > Google for DE1 and/or altera and the names of various platforms
>> (apple,
>> > amstrad, IBM PC, etc) seems to point to lots of options.
>>
>> Options for what?  I have searched for FPGA options for the systems
>> I am interested in (and, like the CoCo they are all of very limited
>> interest) and found only the PDP-11.  And even that is not for a
>> model I would choose given other options.  But maybe I can learn
>> enough about it to modify it.
>>

> Options for running the many different systems that are available for the
> DE1.  You keep saying you can only find a pdp11,

No, look at what I said above.  I am not interested in Atari, Amiga,
Colecovision or any game systems.  I am interested in Tandy systems
and the PDP-11.  Why would I even bother with systems i have no
interest in?

>                                                  but all the platforms
> mentioned by myself and others in this thread as being available for the
> DE1 are easy enough to find.  What are you looking for?  We can't help
> without some specifics.

I said, right up front, that I was interested in the CoCo and the TRS-80.

And maybe working on emulating some obscure hardware on my own once I
learn how to use an FPGA.

All the talk in the group about the COCO3FPGA was what got me
started in the first place.  The way people were talking I
thought it was easily available and lots of people were working
with it.  Obviously a bad assumption on my part.  but I am easily
amused and I am sure i will find something to do with the DE-1
9and the other FPGA's I have coming.  When I jump into someting
I jump in with both feet!!)

bill