[Coco] The Tri-Annual CoCo 4 Thread

Nick Marentes nickma at optusnet.com.au
Thu Feb 6 16:53:29 EST 2014

Steve <6809er at ...> writes:

> Till the CoCo community can unite on what the CoCo 4 should do, nothing
> will ever get done.

You're right. There are too many opinions on what a CoCo4 should be.

The only way I see it happening is when one person bites the bullet and goes
it alone, doing what he percieves to be a CoCo4. He's got lots of feedback
from these threads to formulate a positive plan. I think someone with the
skills to create an FPGA CoCo would be smart enough to formulate a CoCo4
design. It's FPGA so it's largely all software programable. The important
thing is to create a sort of "standard". Multiple standards leads to
multiple designs and that's not good in the long term as far as software
development goes.

Personally, there is no way an "official" CoCo4 could be had. Only if it
came from Tandy themselves and we know how that story ends!  :)

All that we can do is a suped up and greatly enhanced CoCo3... a "Super CoCo".

Nick