[Coco] CoCo4! 50% done!

Nick Marentes nickma at optusnet.com.au
Mon Feb 3 21:28:10 EST 2014

Aaron Wolfe <aawolfe at ...> writes:

> The DE-1 is real and already has CoCo3FPGA ported to it.  Several of
> us have been running FPGA CoCos on them for a couple years now.  I
> guess I'm a little lost as to why this new board is preferable?
> It seems to be fairly equivalent except that CoCo3FPGA isn't ported,
> so you can't just install a premade CoCo3 image and go (like you can
> with the DE-1 right now).
>
> > If it can emulate these 8Mhz 16bit computers, surely it's gooid enough to
> > emulate a 1.79Mhz CoCo3 and then a bit more.
>
> The DE-1 has been emulating a CoCo 3 at 20+Mhz for some time.. again
> not sure what is compellingly different about the MIST?  I must be
> missing something, sorry not trying to be a PITA.

Ok then. Where can I buy one and how much?

Strange that if it is already available and low cost that few people have
bought one. There should be no more discussions of a CoCo3/4 since it
already exists.

Nick

(I do like the compact design of the Mist and it could be made to fit in a
CoCo case with room to spare)