[Coco] CoCo4! 50% done!

Nick Marentes nickma at optusnet.com.au
Mon Feb 3 21:09:16 EST 2014

Aaron Wolfe <aawolfe at ...> writes:

> Its interesting, but I'm not sure compelling.  Some hardware features
> are nicer than the CoCo3FPGA / Altera DE-1 FPGA solution, but not mind
> blowingly nicer, and the cost is relatively high.   The DE-1 also has
> the advantage of being supported by lots of different implementations
> (CoCo, Amiga, Apple II, Amstrad, IBM PC-XT, probably others I never
> tried).

Yes but the point is that it's done. Ready. Nothing else to add (except an
I/O add-on for CoCo ports if we really need them all).

Yes. It "may" be possible to make it cheaper but a real product is better
than theories.

If it can emulate these 8Mhz 16bit computers, surely it's gooid enough to
emulate a 1.79Mhz CoCo3 and then a bit more.

Nick