[Coco] OT: Super Bowl RS Add

Mark J. Blair nf6x at nf6x.net
Mon Feb 3 01:25:24 EST 2014

On Feb 2, 2014, at 19:59 , Allen Huffman <alsplace at pobox.com> wrote:
> Their new ad campaign is trying to return it to a DIY store, but since common folks no longer DIY, they are saying DIT - do it together. Promotion radio shack as a place to go and learn, check out things like 3D printers (check out the ad that shows a 3D printer being talked about in my store)... This is very exciting to me. They are returning to their roots, it would seem, and a modern "maker space" kind of way.

I hope that they manage to pull off reinventing the brand to stay relevant. It'll be a tough job, but it'll be cool if they can do it. The 3D printing angle is interesting, because I can't think of much else in the technical hobby fields that looks like it may be poised to take off like computing did in the 1980s.

--
Mark J. Blair, NF6X <nf6x at nf6x.net>
http://www.nf6x.net/