[Coco] Hard drive modes.

L. Curtis Boyle curtisboyle at sasktel.net
Wed Dec 31 15:26:43 EST 2014

LBA means seeks are done by just sector number (newer style). CHS means you have to specify Cylinder, Head, and Sector numbers. Since OS-9 uses cluster/sector numbers, LBA can map directly (well divide by 2 since most drives are 512 byte sectors, but that’s just a shift right). With CHS, you have to do math, which takes more code/cycles.

L. Curtis Boyle
curtisboyle at sasktel.net