[Coco] Hard drive modes.

Allen Huffman alsplace at pobox.com
Wed Dec 31 14:57:39 EST 2014

> On Dec 31, 2014, at 11:51 AM, L. Curtis Boyle <curtisboyle at sasktel.net> wrote:
>
> I did fill up a 128 MB drive, but that was because I was keeping a lot of sound and graphics files that weren’t specifically Coco related. The IDE driver I did for Glenside did support LBA and CHS modes, but LBA is a lot easier (and less code required) to support.

I am going to stop pretending I remember what LBA implies. Could you refresh me/us? I do not know if I am familiar with CHS at all.

My personal CoCo hard drives have been: Burke & Burke MFM/RLL (OS-9), KenTon SCSI (RGB-DOS), and SuperIDE (OS-9/HDB-DOS). I expect I have forgotten everything I am going to need to know to get the CoCoSDC acting like an OS-9 hard drive...

		-- A