[Coco] Remembering my RS-DOS days...

Allen Huffman alsplace at pobox.com
Wed Dec 31 17:12:14 EST 2014

> On Dec 31, 2014, at 10:03 AM, Robert Gault <robert.gault at att.net> wrote:
> As for me showing up in Rainbow, other Coco mags, or the NitrOS-9 project codes, I amaze myself. :) Where did I find the time!? Several people on this list remind me of this every so often when they unexpectedly find my name in some source code or program. :)

I was linking to a July 1985 Rainbow scan for a blog article I am writing, and I realized that was the issue where I wrote in suggesting they reprint Issue #1, and they did. "Great idea, Allen." Heh, lame claim to fame.

Then I went to find my desperate plea for a pen pal - October 1985. I had moved from Houston to Broaddus (population 225) and didn't know anyone there who even owned a computer.

While doing this, I also saw a letter from Ken Kaplan (founder of Microware) writing in to give kudos to a new OS-9 book Rainbow had published... Just wild how many names in here that I now say "Oh! I know him!"

I guess I need to figure out which paper copies I want to keep (like those two issues). Do I keep ones that have things from people I know, too? I could end up with quite a stack.

		-- Allen