[Coco] ShellPlus, may it rest in peace. Was: Nitros9/Scripts question

Bill Pierce ooogalapasooo at aol.com
Sat Dec 13 16:50:14 EST 2014

Stephen, personally, I really dislike shell+ 2.1.
The original shell+ 2.1 by Ron Lammardo is in rtsi as you said, so why don't you just download it and use it and quit gripping about it being broken?
If others want to use it, they can. I have no need for scripts these days since there's utilities that do most of those functions without a lot of typing and remembering which script is the right one.
I very much like the input buffer history of shell_2.2a. And BTW... IT'S NOT BROKEN!
It's just a different shell (hence the name Shell Plus 2,2a) and "different strokes for different folks" and all that crap.
Just because you like 2.1 don't mean I have to like it (and I don't). The current shell fits my needs better as a programmer and is faster and half the size, taking up much less system memory.
Also, I tried the shell+2.1 on rtsi today and it runs fine with NitrOS9 3.3.0. And using it for a few minutes, I remembered why I didn't like it. I very quickly changed back.

Just my 2c

Bill Pierce

Co-Contributor, Co-Editor for CocoPedia
E-Mail: ooogalapasooo at aol.com