[Coco] MPI and Coco 3 Compatibility

Bruce W. Calkins brucewcalkins at charter.net
Tue Dec 9 06:50:09 EST 2014

----- Original Message -----
From: "Kip Koon"

> Hi Fellow Coco 3 Enthusiasts!
>
> Ok, I know this topic has been mentioned a lot recently and I'm currently
> reviewing my emails to find all the data, but I thought I'd ask if there
> is
> a web site showing how to determine if a MPI is Coco 3 compatible and if
> it
> isn't what to do to upgrade it.
>
> I have a 26-3124 White MPI with an angled front, a 26-3024 White MPI with
> curvy front, and a Gray MPI with a curvy front with Mark Marlette's Coco 3
> pal installed.  I would like to determine which ones are Coco 3 or Coco 1
> or
> 2 compatible.  Thanks in advance for your help.
>

> Kip Koon
Physicaly; an upgraded 26-3124 will have a piggybacked chip wired in.  The
26-3024 will have a chip swapped out.  I don't have the part number of the
original chip, but I'm sure someone can find out.  If the warrenty seal is
intact on either model it is probably not upgraded.  Probably the best
method is the PEEKs posted eariler this week.
Bruce W.

---