[Coco] Last video I promise... :)

Mark McDougall msmcdoug at iinet.net.au
Fri Dec 5 17:37:54 EST 2014

On 6/12/2014 3:09 AM, Luis Antoniosi (CoCoDemus) wrote:

> This is not external interference, it's merely slack time that is affecting
> how the colors are digitized. Let's say: the altera is running the code at
> the limit of it's speed. This cause the code to get out of sync with the
> clock and then, the color is digitized in the wrong level of the DAC, or it
> didn't have time enough for the differential to change its value. Solving
> this is much more difficult.

What basis do you have to suggest that it is running "at the limit of its
speed"? Have you looked at the output of the timing analyzer? Do you
understand it? If not, I suggest you read up on it. It is important.

For that matter, have you set the proper timing constraints on the ADC
inputs and the DAC outputs? If you haven't, then you are very likely
sampling (and outputting) different channels at different points in time,
resulting in bad colours.

Regards,