[Coco] eBay's New Policy

Arthur Flexser flexser at fiu.edu
Sun Aug 17 21:47:44 EDT 2014

On Sun, Aug 17, 2014 at 6:55 PM, Salvador Garcia <
ssalvadorgarcia at netscape.net> wrote:

> Yes, but what if the buyer gets the item, damages it and then claims that
> it was never working?
>
> How does the seller protect himself against this?

I doubt you can, at least with electronics items.  But that's no different
than the risk that brick and mortar merchants take.  They absorb it as a
cost of doing business.  The saving grace is that it's a rare customer who
would attempt such a thing.  I guess you could refuse to do business with
that buyer in the future, particularly if other sellers had the same
complaint.

Art