[Coco] Correct pinout for CoCo3 RGB connector?

Robert Gault robert.gault at att.net
Thu Aug 14 07:55:09 EDT 2014

Christopher Barnett Fox wrote:
> I'm seeing conflicting documentation for the pinout for the CoCo 3's RGB connector.
>

> http://www.cocopedia.com/wiki/index.php/Color_Computer_FAQ
>
> http://users.tmok.com/~tumble/cfaqs/COCO.FAQ
>
> http://rtfm.vtt.net/pinouts/data/Cm8CoCoRGB_pinout.shtml.htm?
>

> Looks like the second and third links are in agreement, while the first differs.
>

> Any idea which of these (if any!) is correct? Looking to finally build an adapter from CoCo 3 RGB to Wei-Ya ACV-011-A converter.
>

> Thanks!
>

> Christopher

They are all correct. The only difference I noticed is the 'drawing' of the jack
and that could be caused by url 1 looking at the jack from the outside of the
computer while url 2 & 3 are looking at the jack from the inside of the computer.
The Tandy manual "Introducing Your Color Computer" is identical to url 1 and
states "Looking at the outside of the RGB OUT jack on the bottom of the computer:"

In any case with a missing pin for 6, it should be trivial to verify the
orientation of the pins.

Robert